Submit Your Paper
Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission file is prepared in Microsoft Word document file format (DOC or DOCX) following the IJME Format Template. Submissions without formatting will be returned to authors.
- The submission is written in English for the global audience. Ensure the English language is carefully edited to academic standards. Submissions using English that is difficult to comprehend will be declined.
- A full-text article is within the limit of 4,000-6,000 words (the word limit does not apply to the abstract, five key words, reference list, endnotes, and appendices).
- All manuscripts must be blinded for review - ensure there is no identifying information included about the authors (names, institutions, publications) in the manuscript.
- The lead author completes the ethical checklist and adds it as a supplemental file when submitting the manuscript.
- Include an abstract of 75-100 words with all submissions.
- Five keywords (preferrably no more than 2 words for each keyword) are provided beneath the Abstract.
- Studies with human subjects state clearly that ethical research standards were followed (IRB approval was gained, etc.).
- To include copyrighted text of more than 500 words, figures, etc., authors must share evidence of permission gained from copyright holder. IJME will not be responsible for costs incurred in this effort.
- All information borrowed from other sources, including the authors' own, is correctly cited, quoted, and/or properly noted. IJME uses an originality checking tool to ensure originality of text.
- Provide metadata for your submission, incuding all author names and affiliations in the metadata section of the submission process (not the blinded paper).
- To propose a special issue of IJME, please submit complete proposal directly to Dr. Steven Hoffman, at [email protected]
So that you as author and we as publisher may be protected from the consequences of unauthorized use of the contents of your work, we require, as a condition of publication, that you assign us all rights, including subsidiary rights, to your work. This will enable us to promote and distribute the contribution in professionally appropriate venues. You will have nonexclusive license to use your work without charge and without further permission, after it has been published by IJME, in any book you write or edit or your personal website. In such a case, you must acknowledge IJME as the site of original publication. Content is free for personal use. Persons who wish to reproduce any content from IJME that exceeds fair use guidelines must a) seek copyright from IJME ; and b) acknowledge IJME as the site of original publication.
Sample acknowledgement: "Reprinted with permission from IJME. Original publication in International Journal of Multicultural Education [the URL of the article]"
Author Responsibilities: Authors are responsible for securing permission for excerpts, images, and data from copyrighted materials or materials in private collections.